[img_assist|nid=124910|title=|desc= JULY 5, 2017 SADDLEBACK SOLD! Members of the media surround Majella Group CEO Sebastian Monsour following an announcement that his company signed a purchase and operation agreement with the Berry family which included all holdings of Saddleback Mountain Resort, including the resort, base lodge, ski lifts and surrounding timberland, totaling 6,337 acres.read more
By Dee Menear Irregular Staff Writer WESTERN MOUNTAINS â€” A Christmas Day snowstorm may have halted holiday travel plans for some, but it ensured a White Christmas for all. Nearly a foot of new snow fell in Eustis early last week, according to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather observer Betty Wing of Eustis. In Rangeley, weather observers measured 12.5 inches of new snow Dec. 23 to 28.read more
RANGELEY- The Rangeley Lakes Region Historical Society has received a generous $10,000 grant from the H. King & Jean Cummings Charitable Fund. This grant, sponsored by the Maine Community Foundation, will help the Society by ensuring the position of a joint curator to work between the Historical Societyâ€™s two museums, the Rangeley History Museum and […]
RANGELEY â€” Rangeley Lakes Heritage Trust recently announced David Miller of Portland as new Executive Director.read more
PHILLIPS – Doris May Ellis, 92, passed away on Dec. 21, 2017 at Sandy River Center in Farmington. She was born on March 31, 1925 in Topsham, the daughter of Everett and Ruth (Ridlon) Christopher.
RANGELEY – A public hearing Tuesday night gave residents the opportunity to ask questions of the engineers behind the proposed runway extension at Stephen A. Bean Municipal Airfield, as well as the LifeFlight team who will be operating there if approved. DuBois & King project director, Guy Rouelle, presented updates on the plan which will […]
By Dee Menear Irregular Staff Writer RANGELEY — Nearly 50 firefighters responded to an early morning fire that destroyed a home on Skyland Drive Thursday, Dec. 14. According to Rangeley Fire Chief Tim Pellerin, the cause of the fire was improperly disposed of ashes, which apparently had been left on the deck of the log home.read more