- Unnamed Road, Oquossoc, ME 04964, USA
- (207) 864-2003
Mailing Address: Stephen Phillips Memorial Preserve, P.O. Box 21, Oquossoc, ME 04964
Days/Hours of Operation: May through September
Accepted Payments: Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
70 Wilderness Campsites on Student’s, Toothaker, Griffin and Farrington Islands, as well as other mainland sites on Mooselookmeguntic and Cupsuptic Lake, including Stoney Batter, Ramble Point, Echo Point, Chapel Site, Wood Yard, Birch Point, Brandy Point, Smudge Cove, Cold Brook and Cedar Bay. Fireplaces, picnic tables, toilet facilities (outhouses), sandy beaches and nature trails. Canoe rentals. Firewood for sale.
The preserve is reached by coming from Route 17 and following 4 miles of road and signs to the office in the log cabin.
Obtain reservations and permit by writing to: Stephen Phillips Memorial Preserve, P.O. Box 21, Oquossoc, Maine 04964 or phoning 207-864-2003. The office is located at the Stephens Road & Moose Road in Oquossoc.
$16.00 – $16.00 per Night. $8.00 each additional adult. $5.00 for children 6 to 12 year of age. Children under 6 stay free. Dogs are $5.00 per night.
Nearby Activities and Attractions
– Bald Mountain hiking trail offers panoramic views of Mooselookmeguntic Lake and Rangeley Lake from atop the fire tower
– Angel Falls waterfall and hiking trail
– Fishing (for salmon and brook trout), boating and canoeing on Mooselookmeguntic and Cupsuptic Lakes. Boat launch and ramp at Haines Landing (5 miles from our office).
Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Fireplaces and picnic tables cannot be moved. All trash must be carried out by campers. Quiet at 10 p.m.
Credit card or check required to hold nonrefundable reservations. Visa and MasterCard accepted.
* WE DO NOT HAVE EMAIL – PLEASE CALL FOR RESERVATIONS AND QUESTIONS!
Please login to add your review.