The White Wolf Inn in Stratton Maine
Listed in Hotels & Motels, Pet Friendly Lodging
- Maine 16, Stratton, ME 04982, USA
- (207) 246-2922
Ten room, pet friendly inn near Sugarloaf ski & golf resort and Flagstaff Lake. This is not a “Martha Stewart” style inn. This is the White Wolf Inn. All rooms have indoor plumbing, clean sheets, towels, cable TV and heat. Ten rooms decorated in “Early Maine Recycle”. Headboards made by Dad in woodsy fencepost. Mom’s baskets hanging at random on some walls. Wolfy coverlets direct from Walmart. No cuties or smelly stuff. Pets are always welcome! Back rooms overlook the Stratton Brook, “Luna” the White Wolf, and the herb garden. Also available: Efficiency – Sleeps 5 with kitchenette, cable TV, and bathroom.
White Wolf Restaurant: Enjoy an endless choice of Innovative Food…Great Grub to Gourmet including big beef burgers, steaks, prime rib, chicken, duck, wild game, salmon and fresh seafood, gourmet pizzas, and much more! Salad bar. Daily Entree Specials. Carry-out available. Full service bar – Maine Microbrews and Newcastle Brown Ale on tap. Three dining rooms, one with a large fireplace! Open Year Round, Thursday through Monday 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., closed on Tuesday.
Nearby Activities and Attractions
– Skiing: We’re located just around the corner from Sugarloaf/USA and Saddleback Mountain.
– Snowshoeing & Ice Skating: Just minutes away at the Sugarloaf Touring Center
– Hiking: The White Wolf is located just minutes from the Appalachian Trail. Hike several of the 100 mountains over 4,000 feet.
– Hunting: Moose, Deer, Bear, and Partridge are all plentiful. Registered Maine Guides are available by appointment.
– Fishing: Trout and Salmon are the main attraction at the magical Chain of Ponds, Rangeley, and Flagstaff Lakes. Keewee canoe rentals are available to rent at the White Wolf Inn for exploring.
– Golfing: Four 18 hole courses are nearby. Sugarloaf/USA, rated #1 in Maine by Golf digest, Mingo Springs overlooking scenic Rangeley Lake, and Megantic, just over the line in Canada, are all just 25 minutes away.
– Birding: We have 4 pairs of nesting Bald Eagles on Flagstaff Lake, as well as Golden Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Loons, and Hawks.
– Fall Foliage Touring: Peak Season is: late September to early October.
– The White Wolf Inn is “Animal Friendly”! Dogs: $10.00 per Night.
Participating Member: Black Fly Loop Snowmobile Trail, Moose Loop ATV Trail
Please login to add your review.