Town of Rangeley
Parks & Recreation Summer Program Schedule
All scheduled activities depend upon participation, facilities, instructor availability, and volunteer support. Without community support we cannot continue some of these great programs. For more information, call 864-5947 or the contact person listed.
DATES & CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Adult Tennis: Starts June 24th. Contact before June 18th for scheduling purposes. Contact Carol at 864-3325 or Amy at 864-9989 at Oquossoc and private courts.
- Junior Tennis Classes: Ages 18 & Under: Call for lessons/ instruction. Contact Tom Byrd at 864-5627 – Rangeley court.
- Ladies Tennis Classes: For lessons/ instruction, contact Tom Byrd at 864-5627 – Rangeley court.
- Youth Golf Lessons: All Class Levels. Contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612. For more information, visit www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- Women’s Golf Classes: Every Wednesday at 4:30 PM and private lessons all summer. Contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612. For fees and more information, visit www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- Golf League – 2 Person Teams: League Play starts mid June. For details contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612. For more information, visit www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- T-Ball & Baseball Skills: Thursdays @ 5:30 PM starting June 20 @ Rangeley Lakes Regional School. $5.00 fee. Contact Bill Hayes at 670-8312.
- British Soccer Camps: July 8 – 12 at Rangeley Lakes Regional School. Ages 4 – 18. To register go online to www.challengersports.com.
- Youth Olympic Style Archery Lessons: August 6, 7 & 8. For ages 10 or older at the Rangeley Region Guide’s & Sportsmen’s Association. This is free! All equipment provided. Reservations are required. Private archery lessons are available for a fee. Contact Mac Dudley @ 864-5919.
- Mountain High Backcountry Adventures: Guided hiking and back country camping experiences. Contact Mac Dudley at 864-5919.
- Kayaking Skills Class: Wednesday, July 17 from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Need a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 6. $45.00 Fee – reservations are required. Contact Linda Dexter at Ecopelagicon at 864-2771 for more information.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Class: Wednesdays, July 24 & August 7, from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Reservations are required. Contact Linda Dexter at Ecopelagicon at 864-2771 for fees and more information.
- Adult Basketball: Sundays at 6:30 PM at the Rangeley Lakes Regional School. Contact Tony Clark at 670-5313.
PARKS & RECREATION COMMUNITY TRIPS
- Senior Trip. Sunday Brunch & Travel, Errol/ Lancaster, NH – July 28. Contract Rick at 864-5947 or Monica at 670-5773 for more information.
ADDITIONAL IN-TOWN PROGRAMS:
- Rangeley Junior Guides 2013: Contact Stephanie Palmer at 864-5647 or by email at email@example.com.
- Ecoventure of Rangeley 2013: Contact Mark Robie at 491-4436.
- Rangeley Public Library Summer Program: Contact Janet Wilson at 864-5529.
- Wilhelm Reich Summer 2013 – Natural Science program: Starts July 7. Call Ann Parrett at 864-3443 for more information.
- TRAC (Trails Rangeley Area Coalition) – Maintain walking trails in Rangeley area, impromptu hikes and paddling excursions. Contact Victor Borko at 864-3951.
- Rangeley Lakes Region Historical Society: Contact Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce for more information at 864-5571.
- Rangeley Lakes Logging Museum: Open mid June. Contact Ron Haines at 864-5551 or the Museum at 864-3939.
- Books, Line & Thinkers Summer 2013 Book Discussions: June 27 – Stoner by John Williams; July 25 – Billy Watson’s Croker Sack by Franklin Burroughs; and August 19 – The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. All discussions at 6:00 PM at Loon Lodge. Contact Wes Connally at 864-4355.
Don’t forget – Fireworks July 3rd!!!
The Rangeley Parks & Recreation Department is open to ideas and suggestions for new programs and trips. We will work to make your ideas a reality. Contact Rick Godaire, Parks & Recreation Director, at 864-5947.
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
Summer horseshoes, basketball and tennis equipment is available at the Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce for use in the Rangeley Town Park!
My family and I will be camping in Rangeley this weekend and are looking for one or two paddleboards to rent for our time there. I haven’t been able to find anything online to arrange ahead of time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
We are staying at the Stephen Philips Memorial Preserve Campground.
I have the same question! My family will be coming up on the 10th for a week. Did you ever find paddleboards to rent?